Indian Biogas Association (IBA) is the first nationwide and professional biogas association of operators, manufacturers and planners of biogas plants, representatives from public policy, science and research in India, and all other stakeholders of Biogas ecosystem. The motto of the association is ''propagating biogas in a sustainable way''.
The Indian Biogas Association has members from across the biogas community and related fields involved in promoting biogas. Members represent industry, academia, institutes, government and non-government organizations. The association received the Global Green Award for its holistic contribution.
Further IBA has strong formal alliance with with German Biogas association . In 2016 , we have established The Indo-German Biogas Partnership, BIG-P to foster development of the biogas industry. We also have formal collaboration with ENAMA (Ente Nazionale Meccanizzazione Agricola) to enhance technical cooperation among the organization and connected companies and farms, through extensive exchange of information and sharing of knowledge, promotion of research and development and Agro-business development in the field of sustainable agricultural and technology transfer, including the certification and standards as a tool to improve efficiency and quality.
Why Choose Iba?
Our vision is to propagate Biogas in a sustainable way and in the process improve the life of our countrymen by bridging the energy deficit in greener way while reducing pollution and waste of our cities to make them smart.
Our mission is to increase awareness of Biogas, promote research and development activities in the sector and, Improve business scenario of Biogas industry by advocating for conducive policies.
Our goals to support our vision and mission are:
- Increase awareness by conducting training sessions, publications and other potent means.
- Develop skill level in Biogas sector.
- To work in collaboration with corporates and government bodies for developing the Biogas sector.
- Work with NGOs/NPOs in promoting Biogas at root level.
- Promote Biogas plants spanning the entire scale, i.e. household scale to large scale commercial plants.
- Organizing and participation in Biogas related events to promote Biogas.
- Experience sharing for the coherent growth of the Biogas sector.
- Work with research and education institutes to promote R&D.