Indian Biogas Association (IBA) is the first nationwide and professional Biogas association of operators, manufacturers, and planners of Biogas plants, representatives from public policy, science and research in India, and all other stakeholders of Biogas ecosystem. The motto of the Association is ''propagating Biogas in a sustainable way''.
The Indian Biogas Association has members from across the Biogas community and related fields of Biogas. Members represent industry, academia, institutes, governmental and non-governmental organizations. The association received the Global Green Award for its holistic contribution.
Furthermore, IBA has strong formal alliance with German Biogas Association. In 2016, the Indian Biogas Association and the German Biogas Association (Fachverband Biogas e.V.) entered a partnership (The Indo-German Biogas partnership, BIG-P) to foster development of the Biogas industry in India. We also have formal collaboration with ENAMA, Italy (Ente Nazionale Meccanizzazione Agricola) to enhance technical cooperation among the organization and connected companies and farms. Through this cooperation, it's intended to have an extensive exchange of information and sharing of knowledge, promotion of R&D, Agro-business development, including development and adaptation to certification and standards as a tool to improve efficiency and quality.
Why Choose Iba?
Our vision is to propagate Biogas in a sustainable way, and in the process, improve the life of our countrymen by bridging the energy deficit in greener way, while reducing pollution and waste of our cities to make them smart.
Our mission is to increase awareness of Biogas, promote research and development activities in the sector, and improve business scenario of Biogas industry by advocating for conducive policies.
Identified goals to support our vision and mission are:
- Increase awareness by conducting training sessions, publications, and other potent means.
- Develop skill level in Biogas sector.
- To work in collaboration with corporates and government bodies for developing the Biogas sector.
- Work with NGOs/NPOs in promoting Biogas at root level.
- Promote Biogas plants spanning the entire scale, i.e. household scale to large scale commercial plants.
- Organizing and participating in Biogas related event.
- Experience sharing for the coherent growth of the Biogas sector.
- Work with research and education institutes to promote R&D.